Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The words "Hunger Games" "Panem" and "May the odds be ever in your favor" have spread across America like the fire of Katniss Everdeen. Even my own daughter was singing the praises of this series long before the blockbuster movie.






I managed to finish the first book just before the movie and I will admit it was pretty good. Not keep me up all night reading good, but fairly well written and an intriguing concept. For me the series really took off in book two and I certainly stayed up late to finish that one. By the time I got to Mockingjay I could barely stand to put it down and in fact when I finished it this morning I was in tears because I had become so connected to the characters and their struggle. Whether or not you liked the first book I recommend reading all three because the story just continues to build to a phenomenal climax that will tear your heart out and leave you wanting more.


4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment