Thursday, May 10, 2012

While I have always been a reader the first Author I truly started following was Mercedes Lackey. It was Jr High and my boyfriend at the time introduced me to the world of Valdemar with the Last Herald Mage trilogy. Little did I know that was a hint about him but that is a story for another time. I was deeply in love with the world, the characters, and being a teenage girl... talking white horses. Lackey has gone on to write over three dozen books in this universe and countless books in other worlds as well. She took a good long break from Valdemar but her latest series reminded me how much I missed it and I can't wait for the next book.

The Collegium Chronicles fit into a gap in the timeline of Valdemar and follow the life of an orphan named Mags as he gets chosen as a Herald and is one of the first students to attend the Collegium in Haven. By book three Changes he is a well developed character with a great supporting cast. This book continues plot from the series so I wont go into much detail except to say that I really enjoyed it and would recommend the series to both old and new fans of Valdemar.






5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment