Monday, July 2, 2012

Review - Robert Asprin's Myth Series

Ok so I have been pondering how to best introduce my readers to some of my favorite book series. The ones I read, and reread over and over because I love them that much. So I decided to review the entire series instead of just one book at a time. Queue really grainy picture....





So this picture includes all oft he MYTH novels I have actually read and own. I will admit I have gotten a little behind and have some catching up to do. That being said, this is one of the best light read series I have ever run across. You know that feeling when you really just want a good chuckle that you don't have to think to hard with. That is what this series is all about.

The stories mostly revolve around Skeeve, Aahz and their band of merry adventurers. High in puns (well crafted so as to be not too annoying), and adventure you follow the characters across multiple dimensions and into many different kinds of trouble. Skeeve is the perfect example of the "fake it till you make it" principle and his teacher and later partner Aahz is the perfect straight man for the comedy duo.

If you have a couple of hours to kill take my advice and pick up one of these amazing adventures. You will be hooked before you know it.

PS Fair warning, do no read where it would be innapropriate to actually laugh out loud.

5/5 -- In loving memory of Robert Asprin 1946-2008

No comments:

Post a Comment